In the 1915/16 and the 1920/21 Valuation Rolls he is back in Uphall. In the 1925 Valuation Roll he is back in Queensferry, the Tennant Occupier of House and Gardens, Bridge View, Dalmeny. Also Tenant of House, the Fort, Dalmeny, Occupier Rev Thomas Williams or Williamson, Chaplain for Royal Navy.
Malcolm and Agnes had 6 children. John died of Diptheria in 1893, in Armadale, aged 3 years, William also died of Diptheria in 1894 aged 5 years in Armadale, Isabella was born 1890 in Armadale, Malcolm was born 1896 in Armadale, Leonard was born in 1906 in Queensferry and Edward in Queensferry 1910. Edward was born prematurely in Queensferry Police Station and only survived for 8 hours.
Malcolm died in March 1927, aged 68, in Bridge View, Queensferry. Agnes died in August 1958, aged 92. She was living in 12 Morison Gardens.
The Family are buried in Bathgate Cemetery.
Queensferry Primary School, or 'the wee school' was on the land beside the Library in the west end of Queensferry. It was erected by the Dundas family.
The main school building was where Queensferry Nursery is now, in the Primary School grounds.
Among subjects taught were Music, Art, Science, Gardening, P.E., Woodwork, Cookery, Latin and French.
October attendances were regularly affected by children not attending due to gathering potatoes. In fact from 8th - 25th October 1915, the whole school was closed as the Farmers needed the assistance of the children for potato lifting!
Reasons for Absences other than Truancy, included Coughs and Colds, outbreaks of Scarlet Fever, Whooping Cough, German Measles, Mumps and Diptheria. Also lack of boots during very wet and cold weather!
In November 1914 the Military took possession of the Cookery Class premises at the West End, so Cookery was held in Dalmeny Primary School. The Military eventually took over all the school buildings and Teachers and Pupils were dismissed until further notice. School resumed in January 1915 and was held in Queensferry Parish Church and Dalmeny Primary School. In February all classes were moved to the Masonic Hall and the West End School building, and the Infants and Juniors were in Queensferry Parish Church.
In March, the Military vacated the School buildings and all children went back to their normal classrooms. However in 1916 the Military require the West End building again so Cookery classes returned to Dalmeny Primary school.
The Headmaster, Mr James Maxwell, retired after 44 years in Queensferry Primary School, in July 1922. He was living in the School House, Dalmeny, with his wife and 6 Children. His successor was Mr (later to become Dr.) John Mason, Headmaster of Ecclesmachan Public School.